» Public
why do i have to pay to see the errata?
Old Posted: 8/31/2008 5:22:22 PM   #1

Default  why do i have to pay to see the errata?

Why do I have to pay to see the poorly-compiled list of errata? Shouldn't this be free to those who bought the EK books? I don't get it. If you make a mistake producing the book, you should own up to it and not charge others for your mistakes. Thanks.
Old Posted: 10/11/2008 3:47:47 PM   #2

+1 And where's the link to pay?
Old Posted: 1/2/2009 5:01:23 PM   #3

+2. ExamKrackers staff: I bought your materials. The extent of the errors is not relevant as long as you admit there are errors. Please open up the errata forum. We are your customers -- not the enemy.
Old Posted: 1/6/2009 7:21:58 PM   #4

I know! I bought all the books and the audio osmosis-- why do I have to pay even more to see the mistakes the authors made? :/ Customers shouldn't be treated like this.
Old Posted: 2/22/2009 5:26:34 PM   #5

The errata forums used to be open. The decision to close them strikes me as unfair to customers that have purchased texts with errors. I'm not purchasing errors from you, I am purchasing your system to prepare for the MCAT. They obviously don't care about their customers as there is a fresh crop every year. Maybe we can organize a class action lawsuit?
Old Posted: 2/26/2009 7:57:41 PM   #6

open that forum back up! the books say IT IS FREE!!! I am here and It IS NOT FREE. WHat a lie... and jordan and jon seemed so cool from the tapes!
Old Posted: 3/5/2009 1:01:57 AM   #7

Why doesn't Examkrackers answer this very legitimate question? This is ridiculous and screams of cheap tricks and fraud. Yes the program is cheaper than other systems, but that's no excuse to have a book with over half a dozen errors (i.e. answers with no questions!) and then have to pay for your lack of editing. is this even legal?
Old Posted: 3/6/2009 12:18:37 AM   #8

they should open it since we all bought there books..
Old Posted: 3/10/2009 1:58:34 AM   #9

It is outrageous to pay (after buying the books) just to find out what their mistakes are :( I can not believe this issue has not been dealt with!!!
Old Posted: 3/16/2009 12:58:05 PM   #10

Default  mcat errata

1. are you sure you have to pay to see the errata? I am going to contact the cxam kracker company right now to find out. 2. why haven't anyone from examkrackers responded to these posts? I did not think that this was supposed to be an echoroom. 3. You should be doing your own errata check by studying the kaplan, princeton review, and berkley books also. Get them from friends or buy them cheap off of Craigs list. BRS physiology, pathology, and biochemistry books are also good sources to confirm what you are learning and to read about advance topics.
Old Posted: 4/7/2009 2:56:00 PM   #11

Yes you have to pay to see the errata. I think your missing the point though aharon, EK hasn't responded to these posts because they don't want to deal with this issue, they want to keep squeezing an extra buck out of us. They proclaim to have the best customer support and the most accurate materials in their books and sometimes even say you should avoid the knowledge and strategies in the other prep companies books. From what I've seen on these forums regarding this issue, EK DOES NOT have the best customer support (for ex. kaplan was much more responsive when I used them before) and they DO NOT own up to their mistakes like their books say they do, they say one thing and do another, thats just dishonest. And to force a student to pay more money to see errors that they are responsible for? Thats rediculous, if I sold you a broken tv, wouldn't you expect me to fix it or return your money? well they aren't doing that, they sold us a broken book, and now they're saying, sure I'll fix that broken part I sold you, just pay me another 13.99 a month... thats bull They already have the errata list and all they need to do is sticky them at the top of these public forums, but they want to leech a few more dollars out of college students that probably had to scrape up money just to afford all of their MCAT materials in the first place. And no, people shouldn't have to go check other, more accurate books, to see if their study materials are correct, we paid money for these books, they are selling a defective product and not taking responsibility for it, worse yet, they are lying to people that they are honest, reasonable people when in reality they are just trying to squeeze as many dollars out of us as they can. [b:b42e485983]Maybe more of us should post the way they do business on other forums (like SDN and any other premed/prelaw sites and amazon.com, where they likely get a lot of their customers from) so people can see the way they operate before they give their money away to a team of greedy dishonest people.[/b:b42e485983]
Old Posted: 4/9/2009 1:20:52 AM   #12

Yeah, this is ridiculous. The sad thing is that I otherwise like the EK system, but if this is how they're going to be I guess I won't be recommending them to any of my students anytime soon. It's a shame too as I go through at least 30 pre-meds each semester! Anyhow, I actually came here to report an errata. On the Biol lecture 2, question 30, the question is: Complementary strands of DNA are held together by: A. phosphodiester bonds B. covalent bonds C. hydrophobic interactions D. hydrogen bonds This is actually a pretty outdated view on what gives DNA its stability. While the energy going from single to double stranded is enthalpic in nature, the most recent literature seems to suggest that H-bonding has little to do with it. Rather, it seems to be a pi-pi stacking phenomenon. I know this won't matter to many MCATers, but for the sake of scientific integrity... (: edit: typo
Old Posted: 5/2/2009 3:39:27 PM   #13

Default  QUESTION

Where can I go if I am willing to pay to see the errata? Can someone please help me out? Thanks!
Old Posted: 6/2/2009 12:49:37 AM   #14

How about... one person who has enough money can pay for the darn account and distribute ALLL OF the errata to everyone. :) But really, it's because they don't know how else to make more money, and trying to find any little way to increase the income... don't ya'll already get enough income from us buying the darn books?! WE ARE STUDENTS WHO HAVE LOTS OF LOANS TO PAY OFF SO EVERY DOLLAR AND MINUTE COUNTS.
Old Posted: 6/2/2009 12:52:13 AM   #15

And other thing... I bet the author of the book has something to do with it.... In the book, they act as if they care about our scores, but if they really truly did, they wouldn't make us pay for their mistakes.