» Public
Getting to a 30 or above
Old Posted: 3/22/2009 7:16:13 PM   #1

Default  Getting to a 30 or above

I am taking the MCAT for the second time, and I'm really frustrated at the moment. I made a 29 on my last MCAT, and I'm getting similar scores on my practice tests right now. I really want to break the barrier and start making in the thirties, but I really don't know what I can do. I feel like I have a fairly solid understanding of the material. Does anyone have any little tips that helped them?
Old Posted: 3/23/2009 11:52:53 AM   #2

Default  Getting a 30 or above

1. For Biology, read the EK Bio book. If you have AO, use it along your reading. When you are reading Bio, DO NOT worry about memorizing little details.. instead, focus on understanding CONCEPTS. You can do this by CONNECTING two topics in the text to see the LARGER PICTURE. For example, trace the path of a glucose molecule in your diet (first, through Lecture 6: Digestive System and the fact that it is a carbohydrate and then Lecture 1: Glycolysis part). Another example, Lecture 3 (Membrane Transport) and Lecture 4(Action Potential). Or Protein Synthesis Lecture 2(Translation) and 4(Rought ER). These are just examples. Bio has been long thought of as a memorization subject, but over the last couple of months, while studying for MCAT, I have realized that there are concepts in Bio and it involves Understanding. Also, I know that going back to textbooks to study for MCAT is a big no no, but I still recommend, at least for the Bio section, that you go to the textbook and try to just read couple pages on a particular topic and look at the figures in your textbook. This helps in gaining a different perspective on the same topic AND you may understand somethings that you may have missed in first reading. Finally, try to look up videos on Youtube for biological processes. My suggestions: Marian Diamond's Bio lectures from UC Berkely & hyperhighs videos on some topics. 2. For Chem, Phys, & Orgo - practice, practice, practice. If you have not already, buy the 1001 questions, and then do as many problems as you can. If you have already done that, then re-do them, depending on when you last did them. 3. Verbal - practice, practice, practice. If vocab is your big issues (if you are not a native speaker), try using etymology dictionaries and start reading an hour a day. There is no shortcut here. Good Luck
Old Posted: 9/14/2017 8:31:14 AM   #3

Default  MCAT

Bio has been long thought of as a memorization subject, but over the last couple of months, while studying for MCAT, I have realized that there are concepts in Bio and it involves Understanding. Also, I know that going back to textbooks to study for MCAT is a big  no, write my essay for me  but I still recommend, at least for the Bio section, that you go to the textbook and try to just read couple pages on a particular topic and look at the figures in your textbook.
Old Posted: 10/5/2017 11:52:57 PM   #4

Default  saasa

OBAT SINUSITIS yang baik untuk penyakit sinusitis adalah dengan OBAT SINUSITIS yang terbuar dari herbal karena dengan mengkonsumsi OBAT SINUSITIS yang terbuat dari herbal ini sangat aman dan bagus jika dikonsumsi oleh semua kalangan. OBAT SINUSITIS yang terpercaya dan ampuh adalah OBAT SINUSITIS dengan kualitas yang terbaik.OBAT SINUSITIS yang terbuat dari tumbuhan tradisional yang diracik dengan modern,sehingga menjadi OBAT SINUSITIS yang bagus untuk mengobati pentyakit sinusitis. Keunggulan lai dari OBAT SINUSITIS herbal yaitu OBAT SINUSITIS herbal tidak mempunyai efek samping, sehingga OBAT SINUSITIS aman dan cocok untk dikonsumsi oleh siapa saja. itu adalahkeutamaan OBAT SINUSITIS herbal

Old Posted: 12/15/2017 1:56:44 AM   #5

Default  derty

Old Posted: 12/15/2017 4:14:19 AM   #6

Default  Than

Thank you so much! This a very good web site Buy Azithromycin Online